Investigating Public Sector Fraud
Public sector fraud costs local government £2 billion a year. The need to reduce these losses is greater than ever and the local organisations must be seen to be making real progress in the fight against fraud.
Local government has to deal with a wide range of fraud incidents totalling £178 million – from housing tenancy, council tax fraud to Blue Badge. In 2012/13 alone, local government detected 107,000 fraud cases. Scheme abuse issues not only cost money but cause a heightened feeling of injustice among the public.
Check whether this problem directly affects your organisation:
- Under pressure to reduce costs?
- Need to carry out more investigations with less resource?
- Would benefit from a more systematic approach?
- Counter-fraud department under resourced?
- Non-benefit fraud a growing problem?
- Welcome assistance in the identification of repeat incidents across all aspects of fraud within the council?
If, like most Local Authorities, you answered “yes” to these questions, ABM’s robust counter fraud solution can help.
How abmintellicase™ Can Help
abmintellicase™ Fraud Investigation Management helps your council to investigate non-benefit fraud to protect your revenue and improve your council’s performance in countering fraud:
– Assists with the prioritising of investigations across the council
– Protect council’s finances
– Reduce the cost of investigations
– Uncover and eliminate more fraudulent activity by transitioning the council from reactive to proactive activity
– Protect the reputation of your council
– Demonstrate to tax payers that fraud is being taken seriously
- Centralised system, accessible at any location by all staff or investigators, to record intelligence surrounding fraud
- Manage all fraud investigator’s activity and information in one place
- Automated workflow to improve working procedures
- Flexibility to manage all types of fraud,
- Keep all intelligence, information and case files in one place for joined-up working to identify individuals engaging in multiple scams
- Visual linking and spatial mapping tools identify links between people, organisations, addresses and fraud cases
- Web-based software supports home working to improve flexibility and reduce costs
- Prioritise investigation resources
- Process a cases faster
- Process more applications, records and cases
- Eliminate errors and duplications
- Improve communication with other councils and agencies
- Manage investigations from start to finish, including automated production of documentation to support enforcement.
- Maintain security of data